Monday, July 18, 2011

A LITTLE BIG PERSON

I remember the January 14th, 2011, the first day of school, I was really exited because I wanted to see my friends again and tell them all my stories of what I did over break, and listen to their greats stories. Climbing into the bus I sat in the same seat that I sit in every year and took out my headphones to listen music until we arrived at school. When I got out of the bus, I felt the cold air hitting my face and it wasn`t easy for me to keep my eyes open, so I tried to go to the class quickly.

Once there, I noticed that my class once again was section “C” and I was happy because I would have the same classmates, my friends, before I realized that some of them had been changed to the other sections. Instead, my class had a lot of new students.

 I’m usually pretty shy, so with people I don’t know, I tend to ignore them or not take care. So, because I knew Amira and Marisa, I also started talking a new girl, named Majo. She seemed really comfortable like that was a normal day.

Time passed and we became a good friends; I noticed she was funny, lovely, polite, generous, and reliable. So everyday we sat in the same seat got to talking about the things that happened when we were in class and what we did during recess.   

Because she gets on the bus before me, she sends me a message saying, “Hello!” And I answer. “Hello! You know always when you send me a message I’m in the bathroom putting my contact-glasses in my eyes, right?”

One day she told me: you have to download Skype in your IPod and make an account so we can talk and maybe do the homework or you can make an account in ITunes to use Face Time. So I downloaded Skype and asked my brother if he could help me make an account in ITunes. He did, and when my Skype and ITunes accounts has finished, I sent her a message telling her they were done.
The next day I called her on Face Time, but her image was frozen, and I told her that.             She said, “Call me on Skype.” So I called her, but she told me, “I can’t hear you!”, and I was responded, “I think, my IPod hates me”. We were for a while trying to talk but nothing worked. I asked her if she had turned up the volume. She laughed, realizing her volume was muted.

I know she loves to sleep because always that I’m talking with her she always complains about sleeping. She has a unique laugh that is so funny, she laughs even without hearing a good joke. And then her laugh makes you laugh too.

I think of all the moments that still have to happen, and the ones that already have happened are going to be good memories of our adolescence; some people maybe think that are just things that we are going to forget cause maybe we`ll never see again, but at least you have something to tell our children.


 I just hope Miss Kelsey like this because I did my best trying to do it well and I’m not a writer to express the thing the way I want when I’m writing something.

I think Majo did a lot of small things, in a little amount of time, that makes her big, that’s why, for me; she is a “Little Big Person”. 

     

1 comment:

Majo said...

I love it, that's why we're best friends! :) <3