Monday, July 25, 2011

A BIG CHALLENGE


This year I entered to a club in school, Deutsch club, to learn a new language because I dream that someday I learn a lot of languages such as: French, Portuguese, Japanese, Polish, Arabic, Greek, Italian, Hebrew, and more.
At the beginning in my Deutsch class I had a German teacher, her name was Konstanz, she was really cute, generous, and polite, but she didn’t spoke any Spanish, only English and German, and I didn’t understood what she said because her English was really strange, with German exhilaration. Sometimes she tried to understand what my classmates and I said, when we spoke in Spanish, but she just laughed and saw at our faces like saying “Please speak in English or German!” And one day she had to return to Germany because his friend’s grandmother had died.
Then we had a new teacher, he was from Guatemala, finally someone that could speak Spanish, but I think he hated us because he always talked to us very, very quickly in German and when we didn’t understood and tried to say something in German, for example “Hallo,” That means hello, he just told us things with a lot of sarcasm like telling us “Stupids”.
 He was very angry especially with one of my classmates, Pablo, because he “NEVER” pronounced the things the way they are and almost always he was in his own world. At the end my teacher had to leave because his mother had an accident and it was very bad.
And for the last, my third teacher, Lourdes, is from Guatemala like my previous teacher; she is pretty cute, polite, generous, funny and kind. She always tries that all of us understand what she is says and she gave us all the rules of pronunciation of the German to speak it well. It only goes through my mind “Yes, now I can really learn” Then I studied and memorized all the rules because when I really like something I do my best to achieve that.
At the beginning the only thing that I think about was to get out of the Deutsch club because the first two teachers never teach us how to speak the language or how all of the letters sounded, I was very disappointed because my father was paying for nothing and I wasn’t learning anything.
Now I all the time practice my pronunciation with Michelle, we always are saying things like “Danke schöhn” that means “Thank you very much,” And “Bitte schöhn” that means “Your welcome”
I like to say a lot of words in German because that makes me different from the other people and maybe they think that I am crazy because all of the time I am greeting to the teachers and asking them “Wie geht es dir?” that means “How are you?” And they just stare at me, but I don’t really care what the people think about me.
I always speak in German to Maria Reneé because she always says “No me hables en lengua” And I just laugh and said “No es lengua, es un idioma.” I just want to speak German very well to achieve what I want and to be a successful person.
Learning German for me is a big challenge because is a new and unknown idiom that is totally different from Spanish, for example the numbers “Eins, zwei, drei, fier, fünf, sechs, sieben, acht, neun, zehn, ect…” But I think that with practice I will learn to speak German very well.  
Now I realized that I`m good at learning new languages.

No comments: