Monday, July 11, 2011

Family's Tradition

Well, my family and I has something like a tradition, every single year my brothers, cousins, aunts, and I wait that my cousin Eddie come to Guatemala because he lives in New Jersey and we just see him once at year, my cousin is lovely, polite, generous, and over all a very, very, very funny person, and he behaves like a child because he loves to joke and play with all the children of my family, specially with her granddaughter Ale, who is my niece, so when my cousin is already in Guatemala we go to the airport to receive him and all the family hug him.

Then my parents, brothers and I go with my aunt to my house to let him sleep because he always when he gets away from the airplane he is so tired, so when he ends sleeping we start planning what we are going to do while he is in Guatemala, we always go to Petén, Río Dulce, Irtra, or any place that we find, because our principal objective is that all the family have fun and be together, when we find some place we call to my other aunt, Cesar, to tell him what we have planned to do .

After call my aunt Cesar, all of us start making the baggage to go enjoy our vacations, before finish our baggage we go put our suitcases inside the car to be ready to go at the next day to the hotel where we are going to stay like for 2 or 3 days minimum.

The day we have to go, we pass to a restaurant to eat something before go to the hotel because the road to the Irtra is very long, like 6 or more hours to get into the Irtra , so we cannot left with anything in the stomach, well, after eat all the family go directly to the hotel without another stopping.

When we are already in the Irtra, my cousins, Eddie and Cesar, and my father goes to the reception to confirm the reservation that they did before, and to get the key of our rooms to go there, take a little break, to after go to the pools, games, slides, restaurants and then go to our rooms to have a long and relaxing rest.

At the next day, after a long and relaxing rest my brothers and I wake up at 9:00 A.M., something like that, to go search my aunts to bring together all the family, to go eat something before goes to the train of the hotel to go to Xetulul.

When we are in Xetulul my brothers, cousins, and I goes to all the attractions like Hurricane, Choconoy, Galeon, Strugenser, Sillas Voladoras, and the only roller coaster that is there: Abalancha, that is our favorite, so we spend a lot of time in there because we get in it a lot of times, and we also play in the mechanic games to win a lot of stuffed animals. Then at 2 P.M. we go to the magic show and then we eat a delicious candy apple to the go to the train and return to the hotel to go to the pools and then to our rooms.

The next day we go to the Xocomil, which is an aquatic park, to take a refreshing dip in the pools and go to: El Tobogán Familiar, El Caracol, El Regreson, and other more. There is a place called Nido de Serpientes that have a lot of slides of different sizes and length, and there is one slide in which you can use a raft. El Regreson is one of my favorite because you get into a raft and then a person push your rift to move you and then when you are inside the slide all is dark and then light appear and there is a drop that make you feel a tickling in the stomach, then you rise in a big thing that makes you go back, and then you fall in a pool. At 5:00P.M. The park gets closed and we have to go, so we go to the train and return to the hotel to sleep.

The last day we have to go home, so we take the luggage into the car, then my aunts and my father go to the reception to give the room’s key, and then return to our home. At last when my aunt Eddie have to return to New Jersey, a day before, he invite my aunt Cesar family’s and my family to go eat at a good restaurant as Hacienda Real, T.G.I Friday or Applebee’s. And at the next day he has to go and all of us go to the airport to say GOOD-BYE to my uncle Eddie.

1 comment:

Kelsey said...

Israel:

What a great tradition you explain here! However, I don't think I'd call it a personal ritual.

Try to enliven your writing with lots of sensory detail, and concrete language next time.

Miss K